Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Request: Please bring the joy back.

Answer: John 4:7
    "When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?""

Notice:

1. Jesus was waiting for her at a place she would come to daily to get something she NEEDED TO SURVIVE.
2. Jesus spoke to her and asked her to do what she does everyday for Him instead of for herself.
3. Samaritan: not ever (rarely) associated with Jesus; Jesus went and sought her out.

So today, when you feel down, lonely, disappointed in yourself, scared, frustrated, anxious, I challenge you to claim out loud with your mouth:
    "Jesus,
Thank You for meeting me where I am.
For seeking me out.
For speaking my languages and believing in me enough to trust that if you come to me, I will choose to try to do things for You instead of myself. We both know I'm not perfect, and I really could use your help today. I recognize with my mouth, heart, soul, and mind, that You, oh Lord, care enough for me to help me with anything I ask. Please grant me wisdom, prophecy, and your perspective to see your people and the opportunities I have to share your love with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment